March 16, 2018

Astrology and me

By Allyssa Ashley Apple Lim


My interest in astrology started when I was in elementary school. Yung mama ko kasi, pag may free time sa office, she would always read about zodiac signs and would apply it to me. Whenever we talked, she would randomly say, "that's so Sagittarius."

My curiosity deepened when I entered high school and I would find out and still remember the birthdays of each and everyone in my class (including teachers). I was really addicted in sharing my knowledge with my friends. Sometimes I would give them short description of their traits according to their zodiac signs. Some were happy and some just gave an "I don't care" look, but what I discovered about people is that they always wanted to hear something about themselves, especially if other people did so for them.

I was in grade seven that time and, yes, immature in a word. I don't know if this is coincidence but I fought with 5 Virgos in my whole junior year. Since I'm so impulsive and all, every time there would be a Virgo pal that would try to befriend my Sag ass, I would back off, thinking that we would not be compatible. This attitude of mine continued until I got into sophomore year. 

I can definitely say that I improved a little that time but I was still stuck on sun signs. That year was the most unlucky year for me because my scorpio adviser has this hatred towards me that affected my grades entirely and I felt so rebellious at that time with my aquarius bestie, who was supposed to be on my side ( btw, she's also into  the "study of the universe"). 

I did get back at my solar return chart that time and though I might not have fully known how to read the chart yet, I could see that I was quite restricted and hated by authorities. Luckily, I escaped unscathed that schoolyear and entered the next one.

That one was a different kind of hell. The teachers had a soft heart for me. That was the year when I got the information I wanted: I saw a post in tumblr that talked about certain planets in different houses. I opened the account of the owner and saw that she had a guide on how to get a birth chart. I was so intrigued that I searched throughout my house just to find my birth certificate.

As I saw my chart, my heart was pounding. People don't know how determined a Sagittarius can be when it comes to education. With the help of Google, I searched each and every planetary placement I had and I felt so fulfilled. Now my knowledge just keeps on improving, but not as much as I want to because astrology is a life-long learning adventure.

(Allyssa Ashley Apple Lim is a new member of the Astrology Friends Philippines group)

1 comment:

noelbarcelona said...

That is so Sagittarius! My Mom is also a Sagittarius and she always boasts her "strong traits," esp. when it comes to being a "independent." You cannot tell what to do, or how to live; she does her own thing. He he he

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...